Sunday 8 March 2015

Another Brain Cleanser - Baktus in Cartridge Rib


Almost one year ago, I was busy knitting my first baktus (a triangular scarf in garter stitch throughout). The pattern for the original baktus can be found here. I highly recommend it as a brain cleanser project. For those occasions when you wish to knit, but lack the desire for a serious challenge. For those occasions, it's an ideal base project. 

Due to its simplicity, the pattern inspires to play around. If you feel like trying new techniques (knitting with multiple colours, cabling, basic lace and so on), then the baktus should be on your list of 'go-to-patterns'.


Garter Stitch Baktus


In last year's baktus, I tried to get to grips with two-colour knitting and blocking acrylic yarn. The yarn used was probably the cheapest I could find in the cupboard.


This year, I upgraded the material. Araucania Botany Lace sock yarn in shade "My Bag of Weed". I played around with the original baktus pattern and incorporated a cartridge rib motif:



Cartridge Rib Stitch
Pictures of the finished object and my project notes will be available on the blog shortly.


Cartridge Rib Baktus in progress (with Pebble checking on progress)


Many thanks to Strikkelise for her original design! 


No comments:

Post a Comment